Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Color Story - Autumn Tractor

I love beautiful things.  Two of my favorite things are beautiful pictures and color combinations.  Simple color stories combine both of those into a happy -- perhaps somewhat useful -- tool.

In the past, I've looked up and used color stories for things like:

  • Our wedding
  • Parties
  • Blog and web design color schemes
  • Knitting
  • Sewing
  • Quilts
  • When needing general creative inspiration

Because I have used them for quite practical things indeed, well, that leads me to believe that, perhaps, color stories, too, are quite practical indeed.

Regardless, I've put a very simple one together, using a picture from my Color/Inspiration board on Pinterest.

Autumn Tractor


It's a humble photo, I'll admit, and perhaps not one you might normally associate with a color story, but it reminded me of the small town I grew up in, where my grandpa used to take us on tractor rides around the field behind our house.  His tractor was gray, not red, but it was old as heck, just like this one.

I love those colors together and, sometimes, I wish I could get married again just so I could choose different colors!  But, of course, that's silly. :D

Here is another color story from the blog Creature Comforts, that I also found on my Color/Inspiration board:



I love this one quite equally as much as I love my own.  Maybe because the picture is more striking.  Either way, I think color stories are such fun, don't you?  Maybe you can use the one I made, or go check out Creature Comforts and use Ez's.  The beautiful color and inspiration is so thick over there, you could cut it with a knife!

If you're not on Pinterest already, you should really check it out.  I'm not sure if you still need a friend to invite you, but if you so, I will certainly invite you!  Just let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment