Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What's in My Basket? - Embroidery

I want to make "What's in My Basket?" a weekly feature, but we'll see how that goes...!  I also need to kind of immerse myself in this semester and get a feel for how the week is going to flow before I can set a day for it.  Until then, we're just going to go with the flow.

My basket sits at the side of my bed, and whatever's in it is what I work on during the evening hours, while the Mister and I are winding down, in bed, getting ready to go to sleep.  This is what's been in it lately, and, in fact, is still in it, because I have been ever so busy!  I'm honestly not sure I've touched it again since I took these photos.


This little treasure is going to be a "pajama pillow".  Kind of silly, right?  Well, I figure, once I make two of them, they will help keep our pajamas from laying all over the bedroom.  They'll have a specific, neat little place to go every morning.  And then we'll know where they are at night.


I first read about pajama pillows over at Down to Earth.  I've looked and looked for the post in which they were mentioned, but to no avail.  Oh, well.


This one is a men's bike for the Mister's side of the bed, and I'm going to do a lady's cruiser for my side.    The stitchwork looks black, but it's a really a quite nice shade of brown.


And these are some vintage transfers that have been hanging out in my basket, dreaming of becoming something great.  I love vintage transfers, don't you?  They're just sweet.

That's what's in my basket.  What's in yours?  Share it with us in the comments!


1 comment:

  1. very nice thank you so much
    http://sewingbreakdown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete